VOICE + TEXT.THANKS FOR 900 LIKES!!♥. Get into a new Way of Learning Microsoft OneNote 2016. OneNote 2016 tutorial for beginners, getting started, bas. OneNote was previously excluded from Office 2019 installations. As of March 2020, the OneNote desktop app is once again installed alongside the Word, PowerPoint, and Excel desktop apps. If you need to install or reinstall the OneNote desktop app (formerly called “OneNote 2016”), do the following: Download OneNote.© Shutterstock It's easy to update OneNote. Shutterstock
- You should make sure to update OneNote, the Microsoft note-taking app and organizational platform, regularly.
- Keeping OneNote updated ensures that you get all the latest bug fixes and added features.
- Windows users can update OneNote in a few simple steps.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
OneNote, Microsoft's organizational platform, is great for staying on top of all your tasks.
But there's one OneNote-related task you'll always want to keep up with: making sure that OneNote is updated.
OneNote's periodic updates ensure that the note-taking platform has all the latest bug fixes and security patches. And even better, an update might also mean new features.
Here's how PC users can update OneNote through their Microsoft account.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Microsoft Office 365 (From $69.99 at Best Buy)
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart)
How to update OneNote through your PC's Microsoft account settings
1. Open your OneNote app on your PC, and sign in to your Microsoft account if you haven't already.
2. In the top right corner of OneNote, you'll see the email associated with your Microsoft account. Click here for a drop-down menu, and select 'Office user info.'© Emma Witman/Business Insider Select 'Office user info' underneath your account name. Emma Witman/Business Insider
3. On the right side is a tile for 'Office Updates.' Click the icon, with the text, 'Update Options,' and click 'Update Now.'© Emma Witman/Business Insider Click 'Update Now' in the drop-down menu from the 'Update Options' tile. Emma Witman/Business Insider
4. OneNote will then check for and download any available updates. If an update is available, Microsoft will begin the download automatically, and meanwhile you can keep using OneNote in the background.© Emma Witman/Business Insider If an update is available, it will download automatically. Emma Witman/Business Insider
5. Be sure to save your work in case you need to close and restart the software to apply the update.